Re: Regression for 100% target for debconf templates: no hope to ever reach it in a near future

On 24 November 2010 07:17, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> At least for unstable, it is now clear that no language will reach
> 100% by the time squeeze is release. Indeed, a new package was
> uploaded with debconf templates, no review of templates and no call
> for translations.

Sigh. :(

It must be possible to device some probabilistic lintian check for
this: If there's a debconf template that is not completely translated
to any language, something is wrong. Either all translators have
stopped responding or, more likely, the maintainer (uploader) has
cheated.

We could even require ALL in some set {French, German, Swedish,
Russian, more?}, or at least some threshold: In case the maintainer is
e.g., Swedish and provides a translation on his own, he'd still need
one or two more translations to pass the test.

If we can then make this lintian check auto-reject, world domination
should be within reach! For security uploads, this step might be
non-optimal.

Thoughts?

Martin