[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of deborphan to fix pending documentation l10n bugs

Hi David,

* David Prévot [2010-11-19 09:18 -0400]:
> The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
> and your package went on our radar.
> ...
> Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
> building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.

if you NMU deborphan, please tell me under which distribution (sid,
lenny, ubuntu x.y, ...) you built the tarball to minimize the diff of
the newly generated configure file between your upload and future ones.

There is a script "release" in the tools directory in the svn
repository, since you don't release from trunk and this script assumes
commit permissions, it doesn't fit 100%, but you could use it as
a guide.

> The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with
> it or if I don't receive any answer in 2 days) is roughly the following:

Feel free to NMU immediately "with maintainer permission" (for the
changelog, if you want).  You also do not need to upload to a delayed

By the way, there are some additional minor l10n related bugs like
falsely spelt option names or wrong indentation of --help output, but
these are hard to find.

> If you intent to upload yourself ...

You have three options:

 * NMU now.
 * Wait for a maintainer upload (which needs to happen this months
   anyway to fix multiarch).
 * Apply for membership on the deborphan alioth project, copy
   tags/1.7.28 to tags/1.7.whatever, commit your changes, NMU to
   delayed/10 or 11 so that it will hit unstable on 30th of November if
   I don't upload before this date (which won't happen, but this way you
   can be sure that the l10n updates will hit unstable).

Choose the option you like the most.


Reply to: