[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of update-manager to fix pending l10n bugs

Hash: SHA1

Dear Debian maintainer,

The update-manager Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
pending bug reports which include translation updates, namely bug number
#512173 (and maybe other similar bugs like #531774, #564172, #590687 or

The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report. We
really should prevent translators from translating...:-)

So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
with an NMU intent...:-)

In case you can't update your package, I hereby propose, as part of
a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for this package in order to
fix this as well as all pending translations for the documentation
and debconf templates.

Of course, as you seem pretty active on that package, an upload by you
would also be OK... as long as it allows a round of translation

Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.

The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with
it or if I don't receive any answer in 2 days) is roughly the following:

 Friday, November 19, 2010    :	send this notice
 Sunday, November 21, 2010    :	post a NMU announcement to debian-i18n
				with you (maintainer) CC'ed
 Wednesday, December 01, 2010 :	deadline for receiving translation
 Thursday, December 02, 2010  : build the package
 Sunday, December 05, 2010    : upload the package to DELAYED/2-day,
				send the NMU patch to the BTS
 Tuesday, December 07, 2010   :	NMU reaches incoming

(Actually, the package should be uploaded to DELAYED/#, between
Thursday, December 01 and Sunday, Sunday, December 05, in order to be in
DELAYED/2 on Sunday, December 05 as announced).

If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
That will just require a few days.

In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System
for this package and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order
to fix any issue potentially introduced by my upload.

Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to
this process.

If you'd rather do the fix yourself, I will of course leave the package
alone. Same if you have reasons not to do the update now.



Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)


Reply to: