Re: Debian Project News 2010/10 frozen. Please review and translate

 On 2010-08-23 15:45, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
Hi!

I just finished the last bits for the latest issue of the Debian Project
News to be release on Monday.  I would appreciate reviews and
translations.

Instructions can be found on http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews

Again this issue is late, so I'd like to target Thursday for releasing
this issue.

Best regards,
   Alexander

Thank you Alexander, here are my remarks:

About<a href="http://thank.debian.net/read_thanks";>3000 submissions</a>  were
received, ranging from plain<q>Thanks</q>  in various forms, up to<a
href="http://www.marga.com.ar/blog/index.cgi/debian/Debian_Appreciation_Day_Recap.html";>heartwarming</a>
messages in<a href="http://thank.debian.net/message/136";>foreign
languages</a>.
Referring to Persian as a foreign language is IMO an error. I'm not saying we have Debian contributors speaking Persian, but we may very well have some, and if not, the DPN readers can still have Persian as a first language.

Richard Darst started a<a
href="http://debian-administration.org/users/rkd/weblog/1";>series of blogs
about the organisation of the annual Debian Conference</a>  by
commenting on the recent<q>DebConf&amp; Debian</q>  discussion.
"a series of blogs" sounds big. I guess this should read "a series of blog posts".

According to the<a href="http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php";>unofficial
	release-critical bug counter</a>, the upcoming release,
	Debian 6.0<q>Squeeze</q>, is currently affected by
302 release-critical bugs. Ignoring bugs which are easily solved
	or on the way to being solved, roughly speaking, about
128 release critical bugs remain to be solved for the
	release to happen.

Assuming this is valid as of August 20 (based on http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/rc-stats/2010-33 ), the high number is wrong. It counts duplicate bug reports. These need to be ignored by checking the "merged" checkbox (although clearly, it's a problem of the RC bugs count that duplicates are counted, even by default). As of now, the high number should be 262.