Re: redmine 1.0.0-4: Please translate debconf PO for the package redmine

Quoting Jérémy Lal (kapouer@melix.org):
> On 02/08/2010 03:58, Martin Bagge / brother wrote:
> > On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, J??r??my Lal wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to know if some of you would be interested in translating
> >> redmine.
> >
> > While updating the Swedish translation I noticed that one of the new strings have an extra space just before the colon at the end. I am not 100% about what's preferred by d-l-e but for Swedish I have followed our normal guidelines to not have that extra space.
> > While we are early in the translation period it could be a good idea to check that part once more.
> >

> Indeed there should be no space before the colon.
> Should i resubmit a call for translation, or correct this myself ?
> It seems easy to correct.

The right fix is to  correct this in the PO files that came in.

The only sequence of events you should use for this is:

- remove the space in msgids *before* updating the original templates
file
- do this with an editor that you are 200% sure will not break the
file's encoding (most vi flavors are OK) or with sed (be careful about
choosing the right search/replace expression-->you d'on't want to
replace spaces before colons in msgstr for French translations!)
- update the templates file
- run debcnf-updatepo
- check translations:
  cd debian/po
  for i in *po; do echo -n $i: ; msgcat --statistics -o /dev/null $i ; done

  If any translation that was previously complete gets "1 fuzzy", then
  your screwed somewhere.....DON'T just remove the fuzzy marker:
  investigate..:-)