Re: MySQMail spelling error in debconf?

Quoting Martin Bagge (brother@bsnet.se):

> >#. Type: string
> >#. Description
> >#: ../mysqmail.templates:3001
> >msgid ""
> >"Enter your MySQL login. MySQMail needs it to access to your MySQL
> >table."
>
> "to access your MySQL table". Not tables? Just read? And so on. It
> might be correct but just to be certainly clear about it.

There is probably more. "your" is inappropriate here: this is not "my"
table, this is a MySQL table on the server. More generally speaking,
possessive articles should be discouraged in most places: this is not
"my" server, "my" software, etc. if I'm a random admin in a big
company who's installing Debian packages in the company's server.

The general idea behind this is that we should avoid giving the
feeling that our packages are targeted at Joe Random Geek or Maria
Randomita playing on his|her home computer with accounts for his
boyfriend and each of her cats.

We're Debian: we're the distro of choice of computer professionnals
(right? :-)) so we have to talk "professionnaly" to them..

> >#. Type: string
> >#. Description
> >#: ../mysqmail.templates:5001
> >msgid ""
> >"MySQmail will use it to save trafic for pop3, smtp ftp, and pop3
> >login auth."
>
> is that "smtp ftp" or is it missing a comma ("smtp, ftp")?
>
> cc to -i18n so other translators might pick up the thread before
> doing translations.

POP3, SMTP, FTP, etc. These are protocols (and acronyms), hence the
capitals.

I suggest a full review of the package's debconf templates, followed
by a round of translation updates. Thomas, would you agree with /me or
another debian-l10n-english freak (ahem, professionnal...) to initiate
that (as usual, you'd be associated to it as package maintainer)?