Re: Translating index terms in documentation, and some notes

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 12:57:36AM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> >msgid ""
> >"Several devices designed to provide hardware speech synthesis are
> >now "
> >"supported by the installer, therefore improving its accessibility
> >for "
> >"visually-impaired users.  <indexterm><primary>visually-impaired
> >users</"
> >"primary></indexterm>"
>
> Where is the target text for the tag <indexterm> ? We translators need
> to translate this tag text, to make it meaningful to users in our
> community, but I'm a bit nervous about translating tag text without
> knowing how it matches up with its target.
>
> Do we just translate these terms in the doc files, then translate the
> target text in later files?

There is no target text if I understand you correctly. The corresponding
text ("visually-impaired users") is just copied to the end of the
Release Notes together with a reference to this part of the text. The
text you will find at the end of the Release Notes does not occur
somewhere else (not even in the main text).

Jens