Re: Debconf notification (was: Re: http://www.perrier.eu.org/weblog/2008/07/15#anti-l10n-cabal

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

> I understand that the build system is complex. As a suggestion: perhaps
> the developer could optionally set a flag to the process (e.g.
> -stringchange) which call po-debconf and thus trigger notifications to
> translators ?

Something else is being worked on: when a package has all debconf
translations incomplete or no debconf translation at all, a warning
will be issued by lintian (the Debian package QA check utility which
already does several checks related to wording or i18n of debconf
templates).

This will at least give package maitnainers a better chance to
*notice* that they "broke" the translations and they should schedule a
translation round.

Credit for this work should go to Jorda Polo.....