Re: http://www.perrier.eu.org/weblog/2008/07/15#anti-l10n-cabal

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:45:00AM +0200, Martin Bagge wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
>
> >Do you *really* expect development in *unstable* to be stalled every
> >time a new template is needed?
>
> I wouldn't phrased it like Christian did but the point of his blog entry
> is clear as far as I can see.
> If you introduce a debconf template, let us know. You probably know some
> hours before the actual commit will happen (even days!? my god then).
>
> The problem isn't the introduction of debconf templates, I think I talk
> for many translators when I say that thos are welcome, but the way of
> putting them in in silence.

I don't agree that I should stall uploading some important changes that
were prepared at short notice for translation updates. This doesn't mean
that I'm unreceptive to including translations, nor uploading a package
with updated translations.

This makes it doubly annoying when Christian then ignores my email to
this list and sends me one of his NMU emails (when I've already
invited patches to be sent).

Just to make it absolutely clear, I am happy to accept translation
updates and upload them. Let's say in one week's time.

Dominic.