Re: New version of the coordination pages (pseudo-urls)

Guillem Jover wrote:
On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 21:27:49 +0200, Nicolas François wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 09:58:23AM +0300, Guillem Jover wrote:
The bot is subscribed to the list and hooked through procmail, so we
can also easily remove and regenerate the sqlite db as we store the
mails in an mbox, this way we also avoid having to poll and parse the
mailing list web archives, which has always felt like a regression
from the initial bots.
I will check with my i18n.debian.net admins to see how we can provide
procmail bots. That should not be an issue.

One advantage of parsing the web archives is that we can provide a link to
the thread. On the other hand, I can change my habits and use a date.

Oh, but the bot could infer the right URL to the archive using:

  <http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/$msgid/firsthit>

That would also go hand in hand with the possibility to automatically mark as BTS#NNNNNN bug reports which are 'X-Debbugs-CC'-ed and sent as a "reply" to one of the RFR/LCFC/RFR2 messages. This is because the last state of the message would have a message ID associated, thus making it easy for a message containing that ID in the Refences/In-reply-to headers to be linked to the last state.

The automatic BTS filtering could be trimmed if for a message the header "X-Debian-PR-Message" is looked for first.

--
Regards,
EddyP