Re: Want to help with Serbian translation (Was: Re: Translation)

Of course, I regive you cp6linux contact adress: Marko Uskokovic <uskokovic@etf.bg.ac.yu>

У пет, 27. 06 2008. у 07:15 +0200, Christian Perrier пише:
Quoting Milan SKOCIC (milan.skocic@gmail.com):

> > > Currently I am in contact with Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
> > > and we discussed about debian installer and others packages translation
> > > in serbian language.
> >
> > I don't think the Installer is so important as one installs Debian only
> > once but uses it's software allthe time :-)

Yes, but translating software is outside the scope of the translation
work in Debian.

And the above is untrue. Translating the installer is *very*
important. This is the first experience of users with Debian. Having
their language showing up there is the best message to pass in order
to explain that this operating system is for them.

This is why I insist for years for us to translate the installer and
often start by this translation. It is also the best introduction for
our translators to our work method, progressively (many ppl in the
list will be able to confirm that).

> > > In fact debian-installer and others important debian packages was been
> > > completely translated (like dpkg, apt, aptitude, deconf and many others)
> > > in serbian language by good and competent translation team.
> > >
> > > All translated po files are available on this website :
> > > http://www.cp6linux.org/prevod
> >
> > What a shame that they didn'yt t contacted upstream! Many, many users
> > probably missed these translations.
> >
> > > Christian said me that he will download po files and contact a cp6linux
> > > contributor and administrator: Marko Uskokovic <uskokovic@etf.bg.ac.yu>
> >
> > Hmh, not sure whether I should also download po files from this site and
> > integrate in the packages I maintain. But Christian will probably do it.

I however need first an agreement by the cp6linux people. And, anyway,
we will still need someone to commit self for maintenance of these
translations.

That could be the cp6linux people. After all, the best for them is to
translate "upstream". Thus, their work will naturally benefit their
own custom distro as well as any other derived distro.

This is for instance the stance taken by the people in Bhutan who work
on DzongkhaLinux. They have their own distribution which is a subset
of Debian but they still work along with us to do their l10n work in Debian.

So far, I've not heard from people of CP6Linux. Would you mind
regiving me a contact address so that I can get in touch with someone,
wearing my "Debian i18n self-appointed guru" hat?