Re: Want to help with Serbian translation (Was: Re: Translation)

У чет, 26. 06 2008. у 20:20 +0200, Jens Seidel пише:
Hi Milan,

are you aware that you sent a private mail? I suggest you repost (I can
do it as well) to the list as well as it contains important information.

    Sorry I did mistake, I will repost it to the list.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 07:08:13PM +0200, Milan SKOCIC wrote:
> Currently I am in contact with Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
> and we discussed about debian installer and others packages translation
> in serbian language.

I don't think the Installer is so important as one installs Debian only
once but uses it's software allthe time :-)

> In fact debian-installer and others important debian packages was been
> completely translated (like dpkg, apt, aptitude, deconf and many others)
> in serbian language by good and competent translation team.
>
> All translated po files are available on this website :
> http://www.cp6linux.org/prevod

What a shame that they didn't contacted upstream! Many, many users
probably missed these translations.

> Christian said me that he will download po files and contact a cp6linux
> contributor and administrator: Marko Uskokovic <uskokovic@etf.bg.ac.yu>

Hmh, not sure whether I should also download po files from this site and
integrate in the packages I maintain. But Christian will probably do it.

> So I think it isn't necessary to translate one more time all debian
> packages, but use good work made by serbian electrotechnic translation
> team.

He, there are very, very likely still thousends of projects not
translated so there is always a lot to do ...

> Thanks for your answer and I hope that all debian packages will be
> localizate in serbian in next debian release.

Yep, this would be nice.

> I still available if you need help.

I will contact you if necessary.

PS: Again please consider making this mail publically available.

Jens