Re: Translation of "GNOME" [was: Re: [D-I] updates to tasksel opened again]

Quoting Damyan Ivanov (dmn@debian.org):

> Why not? Transliterating the abbreviation using the local alphabet
> seems like an improvement to me. Otherwise English-unaware users would
> guess how the thing is pronounced. Same for "KDE".

Well, maybe those people around who are GNOME translators could
enlighten us, here.

I suppose that the GNOME project has a policy about this.

Clytie (I think she'll see the "translation of GNOME" title)?