Re: Recommended usage for podebconf-report-po

Hi,

On Thursday 08 May 2008, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello Nicolas,
>
> On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 05:41:39PM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:
> > Should --deadline be a default option too?
> > or Should --deadline without argument default to $(LC_ALL=C date -R -d
> > +10days) I could also make --deadline argument to be passed to date -d.
>
> I am in favor of this. Recently I've seen several call for
> translations / updates *without* deadline which makes it hard for me
> to schedule the translation / review (or requiers a mail exchange with
> the maintainer).

As a translator I of course like deadlines, but if there is some default, the
package maintainer should be aware of it also. Would they know about it
without reading the documentation?  Is it shown and easily changed when the
program is run?

If not, we could have some calls for translation which don't honor the
specified deadline or have two calls in a row, where maintainer corrects the
deadline in the latter.

Cheers,
Edu

--
Esko Arajärvi - edu@iki.fi - +358-50-5446844
"Only idiots quote signatures." -Antti Kuntsi (at his .sig)