Re: Recommended usage for podebconf-report-po

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 10:50:12PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 05:41:39PM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:
> > No, changing the default makes sense. Thanks.
> >
> > I will make --languageteam the default.
>
> What about detecting whether the PO file is a debconf based PO file
> or not and using the corresponding option (which I currently do not
> remember, at least in 1.0.8 isn't documented).

The option was added in 1.0.12 (--notdebconf)

I will try to detect automatically if this option shall be set,
i.e. check if the directory containing the PO files is named po/ and
contained in a debian/ directory.

This algorithm may fail in some cases, but the consequences of such
failure should not be a big issue.

> > Should --deadline be a default option too?
>
> I wouldn't do this.

I will upload on Sunday, and will wait for more comments.

A default --deadline=+10days matches with a
 1) upload
 2) send call for translations
 3) wait 10 days for translation + package entering testing
 4) upload translations
process.

I agree with Helge that maintainers should announce when they plan to
upload a new version.

For me the question is then more whether the +10days default is OK.
Maintainer also have a chance to change the sentence with an editor before
the message(s) are sent, if the proposed deadline is not OK.

I already committed the change to make --deadline=+10days the default
behavior (and to support the +10days syntax), but I can revert this before
Sunday if the majority disagrees.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral