Re: sane-backends 1.0.19-7: Please translate debconf PO for the package sane-backends

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

Hi,

>> #. Type: boolean
>> #. Description
>> #: ../sane-utils.templates:1001
>> msgid "Accept this option if you want to make use of this feature."
>> msgstr ""
>
> This is an evidence, isn't it? I even had trouble translating this to
> French..:-)

The whole point of running saned standalone is to get this feature,
that doesn't work when run from inetd.

BUT I don't want users to blindly answer yes if they don't need it,
because most users don't (standalone machine with no network) and
that'd make one more service running and available to the outside
world.

Which is always a security risk.

JB.

--