Re: Aptitude localized defaults string

Quoting Daniel Burrows (dburrows@debian.org):

> > > I don't run Linux, and although I know fink [1] uses dpkg, I don't think
> > > it uses aptitude: there is no </usr/share/aptitude> directory on my OSX
> > > machine (a UNIX install).
>
>   OSX users run aptitude?  Wow.

I don't think so..:-)

Clytie, our tireless Vietnamese translator, does not use Debian but
OS/X....which does not prevent her to be one of our most productive translators..:-)

> > > Could someone please tell me if there is, indeed, an "aptitude-
> > > defaults.vi" file at this location on Debian?
>
>   Since this mechanism was just added, I can guarantee you that there is
> no aptitude-defaults.vi; no-one has created one yet.

So, indeed, the best would be to translate this to
"aptitude-defaults.vi" and I should as well turn the French
"translation" to "aptitude-defaults.fr". Right?

>   "aptitude-defaults.XX" will be loaded (if you translate that string to
> its file-name, as with, e.g., README) when the program starts up,
> overriding settings in "aptitude-defaults" and "section-descriptions".
> The main reason I added it is so that section translations can be added
> now that section descriptions are not hardcoded into the program, but
> translators are free to modify any other defaults they want to.  (user
> settings will of course override anything specified in the configuration
> file)

Where should we put such files in aptitude's source tree if we want to
proposed them for our languages?