Re: [WikiVote] Translation Namespace Policy

[ Sorry about the late reply ]

On 06-01-2008 21:58, Franklin PIAT wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 00:46 -0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
>> On 05-01-2008 19:11, Salokine wrote:

>>> 1. Could you read http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/TranslationNamespace ?
>> I read the propositions and it pretty much
>> includes almost all the options that I'm aware of. But with
>> more recently versions of MoinMoin, the wiki engine becomes
>> able to deal with Content Negotiation and DictWiki, which is
>> similar to the idea of translating the WikiName, like:
>>
>> 		en: wiki.debian.org/Hardware
>> 		fr: wiki.debian.org/Materiel
>>

>> 	I totally agree with the argument that different
>> language could use the same Word and that could create other
>> problems, but I would like to point out two pages from
>> MoinMoin:
>>
>> 		http://moinmo.in/HelpOnLanguages
>> 		http://moinmo.in/MultipleLanguagesSupport
>
> Did you see something especially interesting, that was missed ?

	The DictWiki, could allow us to link translated pages in
a way that they could be handled similar to "Content Negotiation".

>> 	Using subdirectories still seems to be one of the
>> best options, but I would love to hear if it works with the
>> MoinMoin Content Negotiation
> Content Negotiation is very basic (Built-in pages only, AFAIK).
> I'm not sure it would help, since a given pages should still exist in
> every language (with different URL).
>
>>  and DictWiki, if we can actually
>> list a "SubPage" as an equivalent translation, we would have
>> together the best of two worlds.
> maybe something like :
>  [[PageList(re:^MacBook/[a-z][a-z]$)]]

	I don't think we can use that in this way, we will probably
need to split it by Language, anyway, using the subdirectories with
same English name across the wiki.d.o is similar to what www.d.o is
doing.

	MoinMoin support Macros in Python, we could also think
about having something along these lines ([[ShowTranslatedPages]]).

[...]

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)