Re: [DDTP] French encoding?

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 04:21:23PM +0200, Nicolas Bertolissio wrote:
> Le dimanche 22 juillet 2007, Jens Seidel écrivit :
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 03:31:10PM +0200, Nicolas Bertolissio wrote:
> > > I'm translating international/l10n/ddtp into French and would like to
> > > know which encoding is use by ddtp for the French language to adapt my
> > > translation.
> >
> > probably latin1 is used.
> [...]
>
> ?
>
> Etch fully supports UTF-8, why DDTP does not use this encoding by
> defaut? are we going to provide non UTF-8 descriptions with Lenny?

no.

The ddtp use utf-8 for all it's stuff.

it is only, on thing:
The ddtp-server use other encodings with some languages, if the
translator don't select one:
  $charset{'de'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'da'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'fr'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'it'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'nl'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'pl'}="ISO-8859-2";
  $charset{'hu'}="ISO-8859-2";
  $charset{'pt_BR'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'pt_PT'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'sk'}="ISO-8859-2";
  $charset{'sv_SE'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'ja'}="euc-jp";
  $charset{'uk'}="koi8-u";
  $charset{'ru'}="koi8-r";
  $charset{'cs'}="ISO-8859-2";
  $charset{'fi'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'es'}="ISO-8859-1";
  $charset{'he'}="ISO-8859-8";
This is from the old days (in 2001 we don't have an utf-8 system) and
I can change this.

Jens ask for a change for german.

Sould I change this for de and fr? Or for all languages?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -   http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
BSD - Wenn Ihr Linux-Root nach dem Sandmännchen schon ins Bett musste...