Re: [DDTP] French encoding?

Hi Nicolas,

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 03:31:10PM +0200, Nicolas Bertolissio wrote:
> I'm translating international/l10n/ddtp into French and would like to
> know which encoding is use by ddtp for the French language to adapt my
> translation.

probably latin1 is used. I suggest you just try it out with a single
package descriptions. If you did it wrong, you can correct it a few
seconds later ...

This reminds me that DDTP should send only UTF-8 encoded template by
default (with an explicit .UTF-8: marker in the description line).

Please try also to check the document, I think the webfrontend part
could be outdated. Also a few other information are missing, e.g. that
the ddtp.debian.net URL needs to be added at the end of sources.list.

PS: Let me also announce a small program (indeed, a C++ program, not a
fancy perl script) I wrote to fix thousends of typos in DDTP at once.
It just expects the original Translation-fr file and a corrected file
and sends all changed descriptions via email interface to the server. It
checks of course that the description is up to date.

I still hesitate to make it public because one could abuse it,
nevertheless if a well known people asks me to improve a translation by
bypassing a review (which is useless for obvious typo fixes) I will send it
to him or her ... I fixed already a few hundreds typos this way in the
German part.

Jens