Re: Questions about DDTP

On 7/3/07, Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@debian.org> wrote:
Hello,

Given recent changes in apt I have several questions.

1. How to change description for a given package? I can only find
command for getting random untranslated description.

You can just send a new translation in the right format. Or you can
use the DDTSS:
http://kleptog.org/cgi-bin/ddtss2-cgi/xx

2. How to remove all "translations"? All that I saw so far are
unuseable (uk).

You just create new translations. Is uk (is that Ukranian) enable in
DDTP? I can enable it in the DDTSS if you like.

3. What encoding should be used for translations (I hope the answer is
UTF-8)? Does apt handle encoding conversion? What I see now is
translations in different encodings and garbage in apt-get output.

The server can convert any encoding, as long as you specify it. The
DDTSS will use UTF-8 for everything.

4. How to know who "translated" those descriptions in Ukrainian?

It might be possible to find out, not sure.

Hope this helps,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/