Re: (forw) Google Summer of Code 2007 - mentors and project ideas wanted

Quoting Dwayne Bailey (dwayne@translate.org.za):
> Just out of curiosity, did you at all think of Bazaar?  Why I ask is
> that that seems like it would make an easier integration.  Plus since

From a user point of view, but that may be less relevant, bazaar is
much less easy to integrate and understand than non distributed CVS
live Subversion.

So, it actually depends on who will interact with the VCS besides
Pootle.

Fomr the Debian point of view, I see the intermediate VCS as a place
to store material that both depends on translators and package
maintainers (e.g. debconf stuff, debian-installer stuff, native Debian
packages translations).

So, not only Pootle would be the one accessing to the material and the
VCS.

Our maintainers will need a way to access an update the material while
they're developing their packages, so probably as a method outside
Pootle...hence the VCS. They could probably accomodate a distributed
VCS....though I doubt it would be easy for all of them. That would add
yet another step to a quite complicated learning curve for package
maintenance.

On the translators side, we could of course accomodate this if we
assume that translators accessing the translation material would be
very few, mostly team coordinators. But, here again, part from the
very few that would be able to cope with bzr, I suspect that the step
would be pretty high.