Re: Review in progress for solr debconf templates

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 01:57:57PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Jens Seidel (jensseidel@users.sf.net):
> > Hi Christian,
> >
> > On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 11:34:06AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > > The debian-l10n-english team will soon begin the review of the debconf
> > > templates for this package.
> >
> > can you please explain why you send such boring messages to this list?
> > It is OK to send these to the maintainer of the affected package.
>
> "This increases the probability for changes to the templates.

I would replace s/increases/decreases/ ...

> As a consequence, translation work on this package's templates
> is discouraged. It would even make the reviewer work more complicated.

Agreed! But an external status site (which I would ignore) would have
the same affect.

> As usual, this list will be notified when the review has been
> completed, opening the opportunity for translators to work on the
> templates translations."

Maybe it would be a good idea to rephrase this mail and to explicitely
ask for translations?

Something as:

"Translators, as the debconf templates of the package XXX were revised it
is a good idea to update current translations and to provide new ones.

Current status:"

To be honest I miss some individual touch in most mails. I tend to
ignore more and more of automatically created mails.

I also read these mails in mutt in a 80x24 terminal. If I do not see
something of interest for me in the first 24 lines of such
automatically mails I skip it. This happens regularly ...

> May I add that these message were sent *on request of some
> contributors of the GERMAN transation team* (namely, Helge, who
> suggested that notifying all Debian translators could be a good idea).

I do not remember his mail ...

Jens