Re: Temporarily mapping non-ascii->ascii characters in gettext

> Do you think that finding such a "mapping" for non-latin languages it
> also possible? What about all Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese, etc. -based
> languages?

Even for Latin languages.... French does not have such mapping system
for its accented characters. And I would bet that several other Latin
languages don't either. Indeed, among the Latin-based languages I know
about and where non ASCII characters are meaningful (and not only
there to show the tonal accent), only German uses such as complete
mapping system for its umlauts and "ss".

I actually feel somewhat the same than Damyan. Working the issue
around is probably the best way to...hide it under the rug