Re: Multiple POT files in one upstream source

On 30/07/2007, at 4:38 AM, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:19:16 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

I have an upstream, unreleased, application that also builds a shared
library (with public API, -dbg and -dev and is also unreleased). Both
the library and the application contain translated strings. The strings
for translation in the library are also likely to be used by other
applications that want to use that library.

I'm having trouble working out how to get multiple po/ directory
support working with gettext because the paths never seem to be correct
between Makefile.in, Makevars and POTFILES.in.

If I have:
./configure.in
./src/program.c
./src/po
./src/objects/library.c
./src/objects/po

OK, just for the record (and for Google), the basic solution was to
change that to:
./configure.in
./src/program.c
./po/program.pot
./src/objects/library.c
./po-lib/library.pot

The po/ directories need to have the po prefix and be in the top- level.
Once that is sorted (and the paths changed back to match), the rest of
the changes were easier.

http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/serendipity/index.php?/archives/34- Multiple-po-directories-in-a-single-upstream-package.html

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but glad you worked it out. There are several packages [e.g. 1] at GNOME which have multiple po directories, so their config files would have been useful reading, plus gnome-i18n if the files weren't sufficiently enlightening.

[1]
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-applets/trunk/
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gtk+/trunk/