Re: translating debian menu items?

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 23:30, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Menu entries are very static so I do not think it is worth the trouble
> to add translation inside the menu files. It seems much easier to ship
> translations in the menu package instead.

Are you planning to include all translations in the package by default or
to split them per language?

Both have negative aspects.
1) including all:
   - huge package (any idea how huge if you get, say 50, translations?)
   - users get translations they will never use -> waste of diskspace

2) separate packages:
   - package explosion
   - harder to get desired translations installed for users

Cheers,
FJP