Re: (forw) Google Summer of Code 2007 - mentors and project ideas wanted

Quoting Steve McIntyre (steve@einval.com):

> It's fairly heavily frowned upon; it might mean that different
> architectures get different translations (for example), and we really
> don't want that happening.

Hmm, yes that's right. I never thought about the fact that builds are
desynchronised.

So, if we go this way, we would have to find a method to prevent l10n
updates to occur when packages are built by the build daemons....that
might be very tricky.

The only other option I see would be l10n downloads to occur only when
maintainers explicitely set a given variable in .devscripts or so.