Re: Call for translations for tex-common

Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:

> (sorry for the cross post, I wasn't sure I would get an answer just by
> replying on i18n)

Thanks, you were right - I'm not subscribed to l18n.

> Frank Küster wrote:
>> Dear translators,
>>
>> I'm planning to do an upload targetted at etch on Wednesday, February
>> 1.  If anyone is already working on a  translation of the debconf
>> questions into a new language, please either submit it until then, or
>> ask us for a delay if you need a couple of days more time.
>>
>> By the way, the templates file is really short, 26 lines or 107 words
>> including the non-transated lines.
>
> It usually helps if there is a public place where to get the templates.pot
> file (some of the translators don't even use Debian).

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.  I always thank translators, but if you do
it for a distribution you don't even use, I do it even more heartily.

> Is the template the one in the testing source package?

Testing or sid, it's just the same, or

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/tex-common/trunk/debian/po/templates.pot?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

I've been pestered by some translator of an other package who told us
that "translators usually use debconf-updatepo" and didn't like that
debian/templates was a generated file, so I assumed that translators
usually find it easier to get the source package.

> I shall add a Romanian one, too. Two more days (until sunday) would be
> appreciated for peer review. Thanks.

Okay, fine.  I plan the upload for Monday, February 5th, then.

TIA, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)