Re: [Translation-i18n] gettext with non-en source language

Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> wrote:
> What you call "gettext's English-centredness" is only a recommendation
> in the doc. You _can_ use another language as the language of the source
> files and the msgids in the PO files. Did you try it? Did you encounter
> problems?

Thanks to everyone for the replies around this subject.  I've
summarised many of them to debian-l10n-esperant belatedly.

Could the gettext manual be clearer and state that it is possible?
English-language advocacy seems particularly inappropriate there of
all places.

Regards,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.