Re: [D-I] notification of changes to debian-installer/packages/arch/s390/netdevice

On Friday 26 January 2007 23:02, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle@debian.org):
> > Many of you will get mails like this. Please note that I have no idea
> > why this happened. DO NOT update your translations before we have a
> > note by Frans Pop
> >
> > Apparently, new changes have been introduced in s390-netdevice,
> > again.
>
> These seem to have been uncoordinated changes. Frans is currently away
> so I advise all translators to wait for him being back before updating
> their translations.

It was not totally uncoordinated, though I'd have like to see the
templates improved before they were committed.

As with the previous change in s390-netdevice, there is no need to
translate this new template as s/390 installs are always run in English
anyway. So, the fact that this template is untranslated can be completely
ignored for the purpose of the RC2 and Etch release.

In this case therefore, as with the two previous changes since RC2, the
benefits for the users outweigh the inconvenience for translators (and
translation coordinators).

Cheers,
FJP