Re: [Draft] Request for translation updates in Debian packages

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 10:04:16AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 January 2007 09:00, Jens Seidel wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 05:55:08PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> > > But the updated CVS copy had a lot of new and fuzzy strings, so I've
> > > updated the translation and submitted it. I hope that's current now.
> > > :)
> >
> > you submitted it? I did not found a mail containing your translation.
> > Just send me your file in a private mail so that I can commit it.
>
> Clytie sent the translation to me. I've just committed it and suggested
> she send it to the d-doc list next time.

Ah, OK. A private mail is OK (reduces mail transfer size) as long as it
is committed.

> > Please note that the Vietnamese file is not yet available on the
> > website since it requires manual processing by a web admin. At least at
> > the release I will ensure it is online.
>
> I've not generated SGML from the PO file or tried building it yet. If
> needed, could you do that Jens?

Local building is no problem but please note that I have no access to
the build host to place the generated files into the working copy. This
requires Matt or one from the security team IIRC.

But hey, why not just committing created output files for "vi" into CVS?
After the next upgrade of www-master the host should be able to create
Vietnamese files directly and I could ask Joey to remove PS, PDF, HTML
files again from CVS repository (to reduce backup and checkout sizes).
Maybe we should make sure that languages with committed output files do
not try to regenerate them.

Yep, this is the simplest solution ...

Jens