Locales: converting CLDR to .src

Hi everyone :)

In my search for a Vietnamese locale for the Mac OSX base system (~BSD), with the help of Tom Gewecke of Multilingual Mac [1] fame, I have constructed a UTF-8 Vietnamese locale from existing sources [2].

The CLDR [3] format, an XML implementation, provides a lot more human- readable information about the different aspects of the locale, than the traditional UNIX .src file does. Although I've migrated most of the data from the Vietnamese CLDR file to my new .src (and thus via mklocale to a new LC_CTYPE file for the new locale), there are parts of the CLDR file I can't understand well enough to use them.

Does anyone here know of, or is willing to construct, a script to convert locale source files from CLDR to .src ?

It would be a great help in constructing missing locales. :)

(When I have this locale finalized, I plan to upload it to VNOSS, our open-source community, for others to use. It will probably work for other BSD systems. Hope so.)

[1] http://homepage.mac.com/thgewecke/mlingos9.html

[2] ftp://ftp.netbsd.org//pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/share/locale/ ctype

[3] http://unicode.org/cldr/data/common/posix/