Re: Translating package descriptions (was: Re: Summary of Debconf i18n/l10n activities

Thanks to both of you for your replies. :)

On 09/06/2006, at 1:26 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Can we translate these package descriptions effectively? If so, how
do we go about it?

Not yet.

The Brazilian team and Grisu are working on some temporary solution
and will validate it with the existing work, exhumated from the
2001-2002 work.

However, this is meant to be a temporary setup, for validation of the
process. Not much work will probably put on it as the real objective
is to integrate all this in the future infrastructure.

I can guess that, at some moment, they will request for other teams to
test the new DDTP.

I'd be happy to test it. I'll wait until it's ready and announced here.