Re: licence of translations

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 02:48:30PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:

> In Germany you can't lost your Copyright. Like the right for free
> speach. But you can allow other to use your rights: use the programm,
> change it etc.

Are you sure about that? In Spanish copyright law you cannot lose the
"authorship" right of something [1] but you can waive other righs to third
parties (including "copying" rights, "translation" rights, "distribution"
rights, etc.) I though that Copyright law was similar across all EU
countries..

Regards

Javier

[1] I.e. the right that makes something need to be attributed to you.