Re: Remind/ask DDs to apply translation patches before release? (and ask for new translations at the same time)

On 20/12/2006, at 11:54 AM, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote (in conclusion):

I don't know about other teams, but I'm trying to get the Spanish team to do some heavy translation work in po-debconf templates this Xmas with the freeze in mind. It certainly is not much use if the po-debconf translations will be
sitting in the BTS and do not get applied until *after* the release.

Does anybody else feels like writing such a mail to d-d-a?

I support this idea.

Christian has done a terrific job of digging out some of the most decayed submissions, but there are way too many left. It's not good for our morale to see our work rotting in the BTS, and it's not good for Debian, and Debian users in general.

Who should write such an email? Is there a recommended way to do this? Channels of communication?