Re: Please fix all errors you find in Debian documents!

Jens Seidel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recently just another typo was reported in
> www.debian.org/News/2005/20050920 by a Japanese translator.
>
> It was a simple UCT instead of UTC typo which happens from time to time.
> I fixed in already for all affected documents but noticed again that
> this error was already fixed in the French translation (by Mohammed
> Adn?ne Trojette).
>
> Please, please report all such issues you find so that it can be fixed
> everywhere! A even better solution is to fix such minor issues yourself
> (if in doubt ask, but you should not have doubts about such trivial
> stuff if you have already write access to the corresponding repository).
>
> It does harm much more not to fix or report such issues compared to
> possible minor problems (causing a rebuild, making other translations
> incomplete) arising after fixing it yourself.
>
> This includes all kind of Debian documents (but also packages) including
> web pages, manuals, Debconf templates, PO files, ...
>
> I know also other people thinking "It is not worth a report" for various
> reasons (such as orphaned packages, ...) but it is just not a valid
> reason!
>
> If possible try to collect such issues and report/fix these at once
> to minimise the cost.
>
> Nearly everytime someone asks me to proofread a text I find errors in
> it. This includes also English translation templates. I really cannot
> believe that other persons are blind for these kind of errors.

Ok, I'll raise this issue again, since Frans didn't understood (probably
did exactly what Clytie was explaining in another reply :-)

This phrase is broken (in the D-I manual):

"It will guess the broadcast address is the bitwise..."

I had quite a few suggestions for improvements to this on #debian-devel,
but the logs are on the machine at work. I can provide them on Monday.

- --
Regards,
EddyP