Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the isoqlog package

> What happened?
>
> 1) Someone has apparently merged parts of iso_639.pot into the isoqlog.pot
>    file. This is a *bad* thing, because it causes translators to do duplicated

I don't think that this is what happened. More likely did the german
translator use something like:

msgcat --use-first iso_639_de.po de.po >de-new.po

to re-use the German translations of language names from the iso-codes
package in isoqlog debconf templates. Then your name came in
Last-Translator for whatever reason, which is of course a Very Bad
Thing..

>    work. The iso_639 domain was created for the very purpose of _sharing_
>    the translations. Not for having a pool of translations that you can
>    copy/import! (Here I'm speaking as the GNU gettext maintainer.)
>
>    The fix is: Please use the original iso_639 domain, and change your
>    program to use the 'dgettext' function instead of the 'gettext' function
>    for this domain. Then remove the iso_639 messages from the isoqlog package.

So far, this is not easily achievable because of the nature of Debian
debconf templates translation method. So, to avoid re-translating
things like country names or language names, the only solution is
doing the above either manually, or automatically at package build
time (I'm doing this for the geneweb Debian package).

> 2) In the merge of German PO files, my name was put there instead of the
>    one who translated the "MTA log type:" message.
>
>    Please find out who was this original translator and put him back.

That will be tricky...:-)

Thanks for taking care to report this, anyway, Bruno.