Proofreading before translation begins

This is for next version of installer manual or other big texts.

I propose we proofread the original text before translators start the
translation. It causes much headaches when I try to understand what a
sentence means, and finally see that a word is missing or some typo
confuses the meaning. Also, when these mistakes are corrected, already
translated parts get marked fuzzy, again extra work that could be
avoided.

We could also try to get the original text clearly and well
written. It is hard to make a good translation when I am not sure what
the original text means.

The debian installation manual has 16 chapter and it is translated to
21 languages. We could assing a chapter to each translator to
proofread. Or perhaps use teams of two or three proofreaders, more
eyes might spot more mistakes in the text.

In my opinion, it would save translators time if we could get the
original text go good quality before translation starts, even if we
translators have to do the proofreading ourselves.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
tapio.lehtonen@iki.fi