Re: Work started on Release Notes for Etch (II)

Stephen, thanks for your reply. :)

On 03/11/2006, at 12:10 AM, stephen@xemacs.org wrote:

Clytie Siddall writes:

Fink doesn't list it. Fink is our main packaging system, using apt
and dpkg. ;)

Try asking apt for OpenSP, from the OpenJade project.  I'm not sure
why they forked from JJ Clark's line, but it doesn't look like an
excessively hostile fork, at least.  So it's probably compatible.

OpenSP is the version of SP available from MacPorts (formerly
DarwinPorts), but I can't recommend running that in parallel with
Fink.  (Been there, done that, never again! :-)

Yes, I tried it, too. :S

  But if you're a
little lucky, somebody from Fink may have grabbed the MacPorts
patches and done an OpenSP .deb.

Not only is it available via fink, but I already have it installed!

clytie$ fink list -i | grep opensp
i      opensp4 1.5.1-1002      SGML parser
i      opensp4-dev     1.5.1-1002      Development package for opensp4
i      opensp4-shlibs  1.5.1-1002      Shared Libraries for opensp4

So I suppose sw/bin/onsgmls ("o" for "open") is part of that package. :)

Thanks, Stephen!