Re: Work started on Release Notes for Etch (II)

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 08:38, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> I thought I might hang on to it, as I hope to do more docs
> translation in the future. I have the room, now I've upgraded, so I
> don't mind having the whole tree.

Sure. Just wanted to let you know it is not needed for the Release Notes.

> I'm running Mac OSX 10.4.8 on an Intel MacBook. :)
>
> That might indeed affect the way something is built, especially if
> the process assumes a Debian system. Maybe I can just get a copy of
> the English POT file? I'm only planning to translate it and submit
> it, not build it or do anything else extra.

I don't think it really assumes a Debian system, but it does explain why
something can be missing. If you'd installed the packages on a Debian
system, that would take care that all needed dependencies are installed
too. Apparently you are missing something.

If I search for nsgmls on my system, I get that it is part of the "sp"
package:
Version: 1.3.4-1.2.1-47
 This package is a collection of SGML/XML tools called SP.

 These tools are used to parse, validate, and normalize SGML and XML
 files.  The central programs included in this package are 'nsgmls',
 which replaces sgmls, 'spam', 'spent', 'sgmlnorm', and 'sgml2xml'.

 Author:   James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
 Homepage: http://www.jclark.com/sp/

See if you can find that for your system.

In the mean time I have committed an initial PO file for vi in CVS, so if
you 'cvs up', you should be able to start translating. (You may have to
delete the "vi" directory you created yourself first.)
Note that this PO file will not be updated automatically, so you'll either
have to fix the problem on your system or ask someone to run an update
for you every once in a while.

Cheers,
FJP