Would an ABI change of apt for DDTP support still be accepted?

Hi Release Team :-)

Would you still accept an ABI change of apt to support description
translations into etch?

Below is the conversation between a user, debian-i18n and one of the apt
maintainers... in short Debian i18n Task Force would love to have it, the
maintainer thinks it's ready though wants Debian Release Team approval before
uploading...

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D