Re: How to use localized descriptions ?

Quoting Olivier Vitrat (olivier.vitrat@gmail.com):
> Hello,
>
> How can I use the localized translation files found on ddtp.debian.net
> with the new APT (0.6.46) ? It's supposed to be supported, but how to
> configure apt to tell him to get the translation-fr file and use it ?
> any documentation anywhere about that new feature ?

If I'm correct, the new APT in unstable does *not* have the translated
descriptions support. This is only implemented in the APT in
experimental.

Actually, the i18n meeting in Extremadura concluded that we, i18n task
force, should make all efforts needed to get this feature in unstable.

Michael? :-)