As the DDTSS has now passed the 1,100 submitted translations I figured
it's time for an update. Although nearly half of those are just
German, some other languages are beginning to really make progress.
Ofcourse, people are also using the email server directly. The graphs
show a good trend overall. Many languages are approaching having >90%
of base translated.
Some features are showing a lot of use, like creating accounts. I
figured only a few people would do it (you don't need to) but a fair
few accounts have been registered.
There have been discussions with various groups about tuning various
values to suit the size of the group. If you find you have not enough
to translate, or your having difficulty get enough reviewers, the
thresholds can be tuned.
A feature which I use a lot but apparently not everyone is the
wordlist. The system maintains a list of common translations for words
a phrases and displays them as hints during translation. However,
someone needs to provide lists, only de and nl have one at the moment.
The process seems to be fairly well worked out. I didn't get a lot of
feedback (good or otherwise) about the disabling of the "accept with
changes" key if you made no changes. There is still the occasional
"how did this translation get into that state" questions. I'm
trialling a logging scheme to help with questions like that.
I've pretty much stopped making major changes. I'm not sure there's
any major features missing still. If there's any more tweaks people
would like, let me know.
Other than that, keep up the good work. The translation files are
being creating but are not yet on the mirrors yet. This is a work in
progress. You can however test the translations already with this in
deb http://ddtp.debian.net/debian sid main
I'm working with the DDTS owner to sort out some of the bugs in the
system so hopefully within the next few days we should see some
noticable improvements there too.
Have a nice day,
Martijn van Oosterhout <firstname.lastname@example.org> http://svana.org/kleptog/