Re: New desktop features provided by new version of update-notifier

Em Sun, 13 Aug 2006 22:13:43 -0500
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> escreveu:

> > Oh, ok, I thought that could come up. I'll provide one more string,
> > then, or perhaps replace the distribution name with a %s, and add
> > Ubuntu and Debian as independent translatable strings, does that
> > sound good?
>

> Nope...:-)
>
> The vry best to do is *unbranding* ie avoid any mention of either
> Debian or Ubuntu.

Great, so following up again, what do you think of these messages?:

For the window title:

   Software packages CD detected

For the longer message inside the dialog:

   A CD with software packages has been detected

   You can start the package manager application with it now.

I thought about going with something like 'Instalation or aditional
software CD detected' for the window title, but it seems to long,
although it may not miss the fact that the CD may be a d-i CD or a
'Educational Software for Debian' CD which is not a install CD but does
provide an APT repository.

What do you people think? I'm trying to get the best words so I don't
need to keep proposing enhancements to mvo heh.

Thanks,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
http://people.debian.org/~kov/