Re: D-I Manual - please update translations (update)

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 02:11:03AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> Yes, but on the website such a message is included at the top of each
> page. In the manual the only realistic option is to include it only at
> the beginning. As most users don't read the manual front to end, but only
> browse around in it (if they read it at all), most of them would probably
> miss such a notice.
> To me, it does not seem like a realistic option.

The website pages equal to each of the chapters. You could put a note on top
of each chapter (or in the footer of every generated HTML page) associated with
XML files whose revision is not up-to-date.

> BTW, the website also automatically deletes translations that are too far
> outdated.

Yes, but a give language is not removed completely from the website if a
section of it is very out of date. Only the section (or pages) are removed.
It certainly is quite different from removing a whole manual just because a
few pages of it might be out of date.

Regards

Javier