Re: Description translations

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 05:00:05PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 12:14:02PM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > However, many packages have an upstream translation team.  I think it would be
> > very useful if those people could translate the Debian description as well.
> > After all, they know the package, and they know how certain words are
> > translated inside the program: consistency would be nice there.  Also, it

What about consistency of the various package descriptions? Most users
will probably read the package descriptions without knowing the
application ...

> > would take some load off the Debian translators, which can then do other
> > translations, resulting in more translated descriptions. :-)

This would also be very nice.

> But you / the upstream can, if you like:
>   get the translation template from the ddtp-server
>   (e.g. http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=24998&getuntrans=de )

I noticed a problen during browsing http://ddtp.debian.net. If I open
for example http://ddtp.debian.net/d.html and select an ID number,
konqueror asks me how to open this file of type text/html charset=utf-8.

Is this a bug in konqueror (Firefox opens a web page) or a problem with
the webserver?

> > Ps: I'm not subscribed, so please CC me on replies.

Jens