Re: msgfmt --statistics annoyance

* Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> [2006-06-18 11:18]:
> When I run 'msgfmt --statistics <po-file>', msgfmt always creates a file
> messages.mo.
>
> If I only ask for statistics, why is this file created?
> Can this be avoided?

 Jumping in late, the po.vim ftplugin handles this with -o /dev/null too
when you ask it for the stats.  You can get it from
<http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=695> and the maintainer
is really open to suggestions (I wouldn't suggest it that often if he
wouldn't have accepted and incorporated quite a bit of my wishes ;)).
Especially its "gf" change (open the string in the source) is a real
charm.

 So long,
Rhonda
--