Re: translations needed (cpufreqd debconf POs additions)

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 09:01:16AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Please have a look at podebconf-report-po(1), you will surely find it
> > useful ;)
>
> Actually, I was about recommedning Mattia to do so but I think that
> -i18n notices are also interesting to get *new* translations in.
>
> I even wonder whether I should make a wishlist BR to po-debconf so
> that podebconf-report-po can optionnally send a call for new
> translations to a given address (in that case, it would attach the POT
> file, of course).

My first reaction is to tell that translators do already have access
to POT files by visiting
   http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/
But if translators send translations to unresponsive maintainers, their
translation can be ignored for months, which is quite discouraging.
On the other hand, when a developer send a call for translations,
translators do know that their translations will be incorporated in a
timely manner.
Maybe a good compromise would be to have a list of responsive maintainers,
something similar to http://wiki.debian.org/LowThresholdNmu

Denis