Re: Information that need to be stored for the translation process

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas François <nicolas.francois@centraliens.net> writes:

> Here is a far from complete list of information that I think should be
> stored (assuming processes I'm used with, i.e. my understanding of the
> Debian French translation process):
>  * Information about the process

I agree that would be good, but read bellow.

>    + what is the process chosen by the translation team manager (or
>      translators, etc.)

That I disagree since all the whole team will use the same process
(for example, the Brazilan team will use same process for every
translation) and this shouldn't be duplicated. The language might
select the process or be group of packages + language.

>    + goals
>      (link to general goals, goals for a file, dates, etc.)

Might be splited. For team and file. Again, avoiding duplicating.

>    I think a status per file is needed. However a status per string could
>    also be needed, so maybe the file status could be automatically
>    generated based on the string status. (What to do if a file contains a
>    string for translation and a string for review?)

I think that file status migh be automatically set. In case of the
file have pending strings for reviewing, those strings might be
displayed for traslator for review in a separated part of display and
the untraslated things above of it.

>  * Dates
>    I'm prety sure they are useful. I just don't know what dates are
>    useful. We need to precise the processes first.

That isn't the same of goals?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116