Re: Wordforge, Pootle, GSoC, Debian

On 5/28/06, Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 08:09:54PM +0200, David Fraser wrote:
> Any questions welcome, I look forward to more discussion and working together

I like to setup a pootle test server (cvs version) for the translation
of the debian package descriptions.

We have >10000 pot-files for the debian package description. We will
get >180000 po files with the 18 languages.

This pootle server should not be a real production server. Only for
test the pootle system (with real data) and to get first experiences
in a debian environment.

See you some problems? Or have you comments? Or should I wait for
something?

btw: I like to setup a transdict test server too. But I need some more
     pointers for this... Maybe someone can help?

I have accomplished an installation of transdict;
Hopefully I will make soon:
- a Debian package
- the server in question accesible (now is on a local net)

If you want to to such an installation you can get a svn checkout from
the project[1]'s repository.

The installation instructions have been checked to be complete and it
should be failrly straight forward to do an installation on a Debian
machine.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/transdict/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=147229
--